Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Shattered Kriel - Update

Quick update: Jurt the Impaler is done except for his base, and Grim requires just a couple of touch-ups plus the base. The Mauler is about half done - I'm prepping him for the ink wash that will cover the entire model top to bottom. Pyre and Whelps are still gray right now, but I'm not worried.

The Envirotex for the water bases arrived today (I can tell I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime - I was annoyed at a whole week wait!), so once I get the rest of these guys painted up I'll slap some swamp water down and should be good to go!

I'm looking at my 25pt list, and am on the fence about one unit: the Krielstone Bearer. Back in MkI, I know that Grim didn't get along with these guys because the 'stone couldn't keep up with Grim's army, but I also know that the 'stone can move 10" and still pulse these days. Think its worthwhile?

For the next 10, if I don't take the 'stone, it'll be:
* Fennblades (6)
* Fell Caller
* Either Alten Ashley for anti-beast (nice with only the one heavy) or the SSC (for making the Fenns better, but with a 'caller they don't necessarily need it).

If the 'stone comes, it'll start as a min unit and replace the Fell Caller for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment