Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Banners? BANNERS!?!

Seriously, who thought putting banners on everything in Skorne was a good idea?!? I mean, I know I could leave them off, but I don't wanna. That would just be a cop out. I attached them to my Savage and Gladiator, and greenstuffed little "holders" for them to reinforce the joins. I think they look pretty good, I'll take some pics tomorrow. I also primed everything that I didn't greenstuff today (Makeda, Shaman, Paingiver Beast Handlers) so they're ready to start painting immediately tomorrow. I'm letting the greenstuff cure for 24 hours before I prime the Gladiator and Savage. With the bit of spare time I had, I also assembled some of the pieces for my 25 point list (I'm not telling you what they arrrrrrrre!) so that I don't have to worry about that when I roll around to that time frame.

So, from the current votes, one scheme is winning by such a landslide that I'm going to call a mercy rule on this one...

MY SKORNE WILL BE PAINTED SAPPHIRE!!!

Thank you all for your input! Truthfully, that's the color scheme -I- liked the most too! So, I'll really enjoy painting these guys up now! I would have been happy with any of the other color schemes as well, but this was my first thought. I'm planning on going for a bit of a "cell shaded" look for it, i.e. not trying to create seamless blends. I think it'll look good with the intensity of the colors I'm looking to do.

No work on the table today, sadly! I got caught at work doing... dumb things. I'll just leave it at that. Hopefully there will be great strides made tomorrow! I'd like to do a post about the planning I went through and scan some of my iterations of designs (yes, I really went through iterations, this thing was going to be intense) and show you what I finally landed on. The final design is actually incredibly simple and almost anyone can do it as long as you have the desire! It can definitely be made without doing any of the angled cuts (but where's the fun in that?!?).

That's all for today, pics tomorrow of what I did today and what it eventually looks like when it's all said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment