Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Palette, A Palette... My Archdomina For A Palette...

Whenever I start a new army, there's that sense of newness and wonder that comes along with it. If I can be an IT nerd for just a second, it's like when you've just reinstalled your OS onto a computer. So fresh, so clean... so much potential. Of course, as anyone else who does IT knows, eventually it will be a slow moving, out-of-date piece of crap. But, for the moment, it's a beautiful blank slate!

And that is what I find myself faced with at the moment, looking at the Skorne models that I'm going to paint up for this Gamers Journal that I'm about to embark on. I have a few goals in mind:

  • Become a better painter.
  • Finish some models. My roommate/longtime opponent can attest that I am notoriously bad at finishing my models. We had a discussion about it today. I get nervous that I'm going to screw up the farther along I get with each model, and I eventually shelve it and start a new one. I have probably 60 points of Menoth half painted, and another 80 points half assembled and primed, all due to my fear of finishing a model.
  • Create a badass list that will rock some socks off.
So, with my very first post, I am already asking for help! Having painted my Menoth a fairly standard paint scheme, and with my absolute hatred of painting red, I've decided I'm going to do an alternate scheme for my Skorne. And I have a few ideas. I want your votes to help me decide which scheme to go with. Below are my three ideas, based off of some of my favorite gemstones. Jade, sapphire, and amethyst. I'm going to leave voting open until Wednesday, when I will actually start the basecoating process. Between now and then, I'll be assembling, basing, and priming my models, so I'm not losing any time. But, please, help me choose my paint scheme! Just comment on this post with your vote, and whichever scheme receives the most votes will be my new armor color. (Obviously it goes from upper-left to lower-right with basecoat to highlights. Hopefully I can match paint colors better than the jackass at Home Depot today, our living room wall is about 3 different shades of red right now...)


6 comments:

  1. I gotta agree with the sapphire.. though the green could be cool too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, i think Jade would look pretty sweet too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say sapphire myself too. Add in a bright contrasting color like white or yellow for details (maybe for the gems?) too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of those choices I like the sapphire the best also. I know from experience that green looks pretty decent on Skorne, but I think doing it like jade would be really tricky to pull off properly, whereas blues of any shade are pretty forgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely sapphire

    ReplyDelete